Miles College Department of Public Safety
The Police division is a full service police department made up of two types of uniformed officers (College Police Officers, and Security Officers). The Police division's tasks include:
- Providing security for people and property on the College campus
- Preventing and investigating any suspicious or criminal activities
- Ensuring the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors
- Enforcing parking regulations
- Responding to alarms and calls for service
- Law enforcement and safety education
Support services are supplied by non-uniformed staff who are tasked with:
- Dispatch operations
- Alarm and camera monitoring
- Office operations
The mission of Miles College Campus Security and Police Department is to ensure through education, environment, and enforcement that Miles College is a safe and secure environment where members of the campus community can achieve their purpose.
Learn More about the Clery Act
If You See Something, Say Something
Often individuals have the information they would like to share but do not want to get involved due to fear of retaliation. Information can be shared with the Campus Security and Police with complete anonymity. Please fill out the Silent Witness Form if you have information regarding a crime and would like to report this information anonymously to Campus Security and Police. We do not track or collect any information other than what is provided on this form.
Parking decals can be purchased at the Business Office located in Brown Hall. In order to purchase a parking decal faculty, staff, and students should complete the registration form and submit the form and payment to the Business Office.
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The following items are required to register vehicles with:
- Current Driver’s License
- Current Insurance Papers
- Vehicle Registration/ Tag Receipt
Campus Safety and Security Statistics
Daily Crime and Fire Log
Miles College Department of Public Safety (MCDPS) maintains a combined Daily Crime and Fire Log of all incidents reported.
This log identifies the type, location, date and time reported, date and time that occurred, and the current disposition of each incident reported to MCDPS. The Daily Crime and Fire Log for the most current 60 days are available for viewing anytime in the MCDPS office at 508 56th Street, Fairfield, AL 35064. Any portion of the Daily Crime and Fire Log older than 60 days will be made available within two business days of a request for public inspection.
With safety in mind, Miles College is launching Rave Guardian to enhance campus safety. Rave Guardian allows you to turn your smartphone into a personal safety device and campus resource center. To download the free app, search “Rave Guardian” in the app store on your mobile device.
Rave Guardian resources and safety features include:
- Directly connect to the Public Safety department (or 911 if off campus) in an emergency situation.
- Submit confidential tips should you see something suspicious.
- Invite friends and family to join your network as your "Guardians."
- Request one or more of your Guardians to virtually walk with you on or off campus — it’s like having an emergency blue light system and a trusted friend with you at all times.
- Access important campus content and receive campus notifications.
Enhance your personal safety and the safety of your friends by downloading the free app. Simply search “Rave Guardian” in the app store on your mobile device.
To activate your account, please see instructions below:
1. Download Rave Guardian app from your app store.
2. Sign up with your name, number, and Miles College email address.
3. Select Miles College as your school.