Miles College Intelligence Community Center of Academic Excellence
The Center of Academic Excellence program at Miles College prepares undergraduate students with global skill sets that are critically needed by the nation’s Intelligence Community. For Miles College, this means having a unique, distinguished program not found at any other college or university within the State of Alabama.
Under the distinguished leadership of President George T. French, Jr., Miles College has been designated as a Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI). The Miles College Intelligence Community Center of Academic Excellence was founded and has been lead to national recognition by Dr. Ba-Shen T. Welch, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives. Through this program, Miles College actively develops the next generation of highly qualified students prepared to accept career positions within the Intelligence Community. This program is one of the most innovative in its approach as it helps to increase the employability, skills, and characteristics needed within the Intelligence Community. The program provides individualized counseling, preparation and support for internships, specially designed academic programs, and international study abroad experiences for CAE scholars. Center of Academic Excellence scholars, in response to invitations, have traveled to Washington, D.C. for briefings and/or to present research. They have met with representatives from the ODNI including agencies such as the FBI, CIA, and Naval Intelligence. These experiences and relationships have facilitated careers within the Intelligence Community for CAE scholars.
To participate in the CAE program a student must:
- Meet the eligibility requirements
- Minimum 3.2 – 3.49 GPA: CAE Associate
- Minimum 3.5 – 4.0 GPA: CAE Scholar
- Complete the CAE program application.
The following documents must be included with the application:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a faculty member, academic advisor, and/or employer
- Transcripts of all work completed at Miles College (this may be an unofficial transcript)
- A typed one-page statement of purpose
- Successfully pass an interview with the CAE Administration
- Attend the mandatory orientation session for the CAE program
- Complete the CAE program course list with a grade of “B” or better
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.2 cumulative GPA throughout the completion of the CAE program
Questions? Please contact:
Mrs. Yoruba Marshall, Program Manager at 205-929-1141 or email@example.com.