2018 New Student Registration/Orientation Schedule
- Article Date:
- Latest News
Dear Future Milean,
Our Fall 2018 Orientation and Registration schedule is listed below. Identify your group and report to campus on the date
listed at 9am to Brown Hall Auditorium. Please note students will move into their residence hall on their registration date
and are expected to remain on campus:
“Early Bird” Registration (Students living within a four hour radius): July 23-24
Students will return home after the “Early Bird” registration and return on August 8 to move into their assigned residence hall.
Session One: (Band Members, Choir Members and Cheerleaders): July 25-27 (Camps begin July 29)
Session Two: (Football & Volleyball Teams): July 31-August 2
New Student Registration:
- - Students with the last name beginning with A-G should report on August 6
- - Students with the last name beginning with H-R should report on August 7
- - Students with the last name beginning with S-Z should report on August 8
New Student Orientation (For all new students): August 9-11
Vesper Service (Freshman Induction Ceremony): August 12
Classes begin on Monday, August 13.
- First Time College Students (Never been to college before): Send/bring an OFFICIAL transcript from your
High School. The transcript should include your graduation date, a seal and a signature in an unopened/sealed
envelope. You should also send/bring a copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores. If you did not take the ACT/SAT,
contact the Testing Center at 205-929-1824 to schedule an appointment to take the Accuplacer Placement Test.
- Dual Enrolled (taking college courses while in high school): Send/bring an official transcript from the College
- GED Recipients: Send/bring OFFICIAL copies of your GED transcript and certificate.
- Transfer Students: Send/bring an OFFICIAL transcript from each college you have attended. If you plan to
transfer less than 30 credit hours, bring an OFFICIAL high school transcript. The high school transcript should
include your graduation date, a seal and a signature in an unopened/sealed envelope.
- Miles College requires a one-time $100 non-refundable orientation fee by our priority deadline of May 30.
- If you plan to reside in the residence halls, a $150 non-refundable Housing Deposit is due by our priority
deadline of May 30. Residents Hall room assignments will be assigned during orientation. The housing form can
be found at miles.edu under “Admissions”.
- Fees can be paid using Miles College ePay.
- Confirm your attendance to Fall Orientation & Registration at https://milescollegefall2018.eventbrite.com.
Disclaimer: Students who do not complete all required steps listed above before arriving for orientation should expect
delays in the registration process.
Remember to complete the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid before arriving to campus, our school
code is 001028.
Fall 2018 classes begin on Monday, August 13.
Important Numbers & Email Addresses
Financial Aid email@example.com
Advising & Testing Center firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Records email@example.com