Miles College VITA FREE Tax Preparation
Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 12:00am
MILES COLLEGE VITA FREE Tax Preparation Program
WHERE:C.A. Kirkendall Learning Resource Center (LRC)
WHEN: EACH SATURDAY BEGINNING JANUARY 26TH
TIME: 8:30AM UNTIL NOON
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN FREE TAX SERVICES:
(Adjusted Gross Income cannot exceed $50,000 for tax year)
ü PAPERWORK TO BRING:
- Social Security cards for yourself, your spouse and any dependants.
- Driver license or non drivers ID for both you and your spouse. Spouses filing jointly must both be present.
- A copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns
- W-2 forms for jobs held during the year.
- 1099 forms for other income such as interest, dividends, retirement, Social Security, unemployment or
- Letters or documents from the IRS that will affect your tax returns
- If you paid for child care – documentation listing provider name, address, tax ID#, and amount paid.
- Tuition expense statement (1098T) and/or student loan interest statement (1098E)
- Proof of expenses such as property tax, vehicle tag fees, charitable contributions, unreimbursed medical, dental or prescriptions.
- Any other documents that may be necessary to complete your tax returns.
All of our Volunteers are certified by the IRS
For more information, contact the Miles College Division of Business and Accounting at 205-929-1518