Miles College is committed to continuous improvement of support services for its students. There is a clear, fair, and reliable and internal process for managing student complaints. The College also insures that there is a timely resolution process in place to improve student services and increase student satisfaction with the working, teaching, and learning environment of the campus.
The student complaint process is a right of the student.
1. If a student has a problem with Campus Life
a. Academic and /or administrative services
b. Student support services
c. Any form of bias or discrimination (not sexual harassment) by a full or part time
individual (student or employee) of the College that is within the scope of the
He or she is advised to choose to
a. make an oral or written complaint to the member of the faculty or staff
responsible for the service immediately or within 3 business days of the incident
b. make comments or suggestions regarding the issues or
c. take no further action.
2. If the student is not satisfied with the outcome or if the matter is not resolved, they should
seek the guidance or assistance of the next managerial level faculty or staff.
3. If there is still no satisfactory resolution to the issue, the student can lodge a formal
written complaint to the Office of Student Affairs within 3 business days.
4. The Office of Student Affairs will route the student issue to the appropriate department or
division manager and acknowledge receipt of the complaint in a timely manner via email
or campus mail.
5. The appropriate Cabinet Member will receive the complaint and render a final decision.
Only the President of the College may overturn a decision made by a Cabinet Member.
Final decisions will be delivered to the student via written notification.
6. A student has the right to withdraw a complaint at any time during this process. The withdrawal must be in writing. The withdrawal must include the reason for withdrawing the complaint.