The Enrollment Specialist is a member of the Enrollment Management team and is responsible for implementing established student recruitment plans and enrollment strategies designed to increase the quantity, diversity, and success rate of Miles College enrollment. This position provides friendly, professional, quality end-to-end service in records, registration, financial aid, student accounts, and other services.
- Counsels and provides service to customers regarding end to end service in admissions, records, registration, scholarships, financial aid, student accounts, and programs of study, etc.
- Coordinates and collaborates with representatives from the student accounts, financial aid, advising and the Registrar’s Offices and other campus departments and personnel in order to resolve student issues and develop quality improvement methods.
- Represent Miles College at College fairs and community events and serves an active role in all recruitment activities initiated by other campus entities. Conduct travel to secondary schools and other venues within the assigned area (may include evenings and weekends).
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with individuals, departments, and organizations on campus as well as various constituencies off-campus, including secondary school officials.
- Assist in the planning and development of various materials designed to attract quality students to Miles College.
- Assist with continuing assessment and evaluation of One Stop Center processes. Provide suggestions to enhance the delivery of enrollment services information provided in person, via phone, and email.
- Perform general office and administrative functions as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information (FERPA Compliance).
- Maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs (such as Banner, Microsoft Office programs).
- Maintain knowledge of College policies and procedures, College grounds and facilities, registration process, and all services provided at the College.
In order to comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees are asked to read and acknowledge the information below:
- Use a computer for composing, storing, and retrieving information.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Perform basic mathematical computations needed to complete assignments.
- Read and interpret computer printouts and numerical data which may be in very small print.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize job duties in order to meet deadlines.
- Reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch as required for filing and storage of office supplies and other work-related equipment.
- Lift and move items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Work a regular Monday through Friday occasional weekends and overtime as needed
- Bachelors’ degree and related experience in higher education specifically in the areas of recruitment, admissions, and/or enrollment counseling.
- Bilingual preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment with both small and large groups.
- Ability to work with a diverse, non-traditional, and traditionally underserved population.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of a student information system and/or knowledge of microcomputer/software applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written, at all levels.
- Proven ability to present a positive image for the college, maintain professional demeanor, provide effective customer service, and make good decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and abilities, community agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to use judgment, discretion, and decision making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to interpret and communicate College policies and procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasional travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Rev. August 14, 2020
Interested Applicants send resume with cover letter to the following:
Equal Employment Opportunity: Miles College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.