The Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at Miles College seek applicants for a full-time assistant professor position in biology starting August 3.
Expectations for this position include: teaching undergraduate courses, work alongside mathematics, biology, environmental science, chemistry and physics faculty in order to provide students with a solid set of mathematics, computational, and statistical skills appropriate to their chosen major.
Teaching load is typically five (5) courses per semester. Course assignments are at the undergraduate levels and may occur in a variety of modalities (online, on-ground, hybrid). Course load is determined by the Provost. This is an academic-year 2020-2021 appointment with an expected start date of August 2020. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, tenure eligible position renewable on an academic year basis contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the College. Salary is competitive to commensurate with experience. Candidate must reside in Alabama, or be willing to relocate.
- § Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics or closely related field at time of
- § Experience teaching mathematics at the undergraduate level
- § Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- § Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- § Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- § Terminal degree in Applied Mathematics or closely related field at time of
- § Experience teaching courses from college algebra through third-semester calculus,
and differential equations/linear algebra
- § Experience using technology in your daily teaching of mathematics
- § Experience implementing course management systems such as Blackboard
and online homework systems
- § Experience working in a collaborative environment within and across disciplines
- § Demonstrated service to the profession