The Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at Miles College seeks applicants for a full-time assistant professor position in chemistry starting August 3.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must have a Master's degree in Chemistry or a Master's degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 semesters or 30 graduate hours in Chemistry from a regionally accredited college or university.
- § Experience teaching chemistry at the undergraduate level
- § Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- § Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- § Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- § Terminal degree in chemistry or closely related field at the time of
- § Experience teaching courses from general chemistry through organic chemistry
- § Experience using technology in your daily teaching of chemistry
- § Experience implementing course management systems such as Blackboard
and on-line homework systems
- § Experience working in a collaborative environment within and across disciplines
- § Demonstrated service to the profession
RESPONSIBILITIES: This individual will be responsible for teaching day or evening lecture and laboratory classes in Chemistry and can convey technical concepts effectively to different constituencies at a level appropriate to the audience, and an understanding of the mission of technical education. Under general supervision, prepares lesson plans for classroom and laboratory instruction; develops program curriculum, syllabi, goals, and objectives; evaluates students' progress in attaining goals and objectives; prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports. This individual will also guide in purchasing the necessary lab equipment.
COMPETENCIES: Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs Oral and written communication skills Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public Decision making and problem-solving skills
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with education and work experience.
Interested applicants please send resume with cover letter to the following:
Equal Employment Opportunity: Miles College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.