The Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at Miles College seeks applicants for a full-time assistant professor position in biology starting August 3.
- § Experience teaching biology at the undergraduate level
- § Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- § Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- § Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- § Terminal degree in biology or closely related field at the time of
- § Experience teaching courses from general biology through biochemistry, preference will be given for applicant with a background in biochemistry
- § Experience using technology in your daily teaching of biology
- § Experience implementing course management systems such as Blackboard
and on-line homework systems
- § Experience working in a collaborative environment within and across disciplines
- § Demonstrated service to the profession
(1) Two years of successfully teaching anatomy and physiology and biochemistry (2) Documented examples of syllabus / course development and assessment; (3) Demonstrated experience in using technology in the teaching of Anatomy and Physiology and Biochemistry in the classroom; (4) Demonstrated track record in innovative, non-traditional modes of instruction and instructional delivery, including team teaching across disciplines, on-line learning and service-learning; (5) Well-articulated understanding of the role of colleges, their students and philosophy; (6) Evidence of knowledge of and appreciation for diversity and multiculturalism; (7) Integration of computer technology into instruction; (8) Predisposition to working in a dynamic environment requiring flexibility, adaptability, and teamwork; (9) Strong evidence of passionate commitment to striving for excellence in working with students, faculty, and staff and in responding to opportunities that extend the Mission of the College; (10) and Documented evidence/examples of effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested applicants, please send resume with cover letter to the following:
Equal Employment Opportunity: Miles College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.