Instructors for our part-time online adjunct pool
Miles College Online Education is seeking instructors for our part-time online adjunct pool. Experience in online teaching with Blackboard LMS is required. Miles College Online is building a pool in the following undergraduate degree programs: Business Administration, Communications, Computer and Information Sciences, Criminal Justice, Management, and Psychology. Please note that this search is not a guarantee of an open position. Applications for part-time online faculty positions are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed when openings become available. Future teaching assignments are on a term-by-term basis, which may include fall, spring, and summer. At the time of application, applicants should be prepared to upload the following in a PDF format: cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate college coursework, copies of current unexpired certifications, or licensures held, and three current letters of recommendation. Please detail experience using Blackboard and teaching online. Part-time online adjunct faculty will report to the Dean of Online Education.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepares and delivers instruction on topics in the discipline
• Compiles, administers, evaluates, and grades students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, tests, and papers fairly and consistently; and keep students informed about their progress through the prompt grading of papers and other work.
• Develops instructional material such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
• Maintains virtual office hours for students seeking academic assistance or tutoring.
• Timely submission of grades and other academic reports as required by Miles College.
• Maintains accurate student attendance records, grades, and other required records in compliance with federal FERPA regulations.
• Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Online Education.
• Doctorate, or Master's, degree in the teaching discipline and demonstrated competencies in discipline or program listed.
• At least two years of proven high achievement in online teaching at a college or university
• Proven ability to work with students with different levels of preparedness
• Experience using Blackboard LMS in an online environment.
• High energy; accessible; and passionate about student success.
• Commitment to working in a collaborative environment, alongside other team members
• Must have strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Outstanding ability to engage students.
Interested Applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter to this job post.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Miles College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.