Division of Education
Full-time Instructors to teach Reading and Education Courses
Doctorate Degree required
Position Description : Reading and Education Instructor
The Division of Education at Miles College in Fairfield, AL is accepting applications for Full-time Instructors to teach Reading and Education Courses. Doctorate Degree required. This
position reports directly to the Chair of the Division of Education.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position are to instruct courses in Reading and Education. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, student recruitment, student advisement, participation in divisional and college activities, committee assignments, institutional effectiveness goals, and professional development, as well as overall support of college programs and student organizations.
- Teaching assigned classes.
- Prepare classroom materials.
- Student assessment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be available to assist students.
- Manage effective instructional activities.
- Provide student engagement experiences in the classroom/online to facilitate student learning. Use of technology in the classroom.
- Meet grading deadlines and others as required by Miles College.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate degree in Education (Emphasis in Reading)
- Candidate must have 30 graduate hours in the Reading.
- The successful candidate must be able to teach multiple levels of undergraduates courses.
- Instructional experience is preferred.
- Credentials must be approved by Alabama State Department of Education and Miles College
Interested candidates should submit a completed Miles College application, curriculum vitae, copies of unofficial transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references.
Please mail cover letter, vitae, and all transcripts to: Miles College Office of Human Resources P. O. Box 39800 Birmingham, AL 35208 or email@example.com or www.miles.edu/careers