Psychology (Clinical) Full-time/Adjunct Positions (FALL 2019)
The Division of Education at Miles College in Fairfield, AL is accepting applications for Full-time/Adjunct Instructors to teach Psychology Courses. This position reports directly to the Chair
of the Division of Education.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position are to instruct courses in Psychology. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, student recruitment, student advisement, participation in divisional and college activities, committee assignments, institutional effectiveness goals, and professional development, as well as overall support of college programs
and student organizations.
Characteristic Duties : Mastery of Subject Matter
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of their field or discipline.
- Display an ability to interpret and evaluate the theories of their field or discipline.
- Connect their subject matter with related fields.
- Stay current in their subject matter through professional development, involvement in professional organizations, and attending professional meetings, conferences, or workshops.
- Learn and use technology to enhance teaching and the educational experience when appropriate.
- Teaching assigned classes, Prepare classroom materials, Student assessment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be available to assist students.
- Manage effective instructional activities.
- Provide student engagement experiences in the classroom/online to facilitate student learning. Use of technology in the classroom.
- Meet grading deadlines and others as required by Miles College.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology Preferred
Candidate must have a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Psychology
Interested candidates should submit a completed Miles College application, curriculum vitae, copies of unofficial transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references. Please mail cover letter, vitae, and all transcripts to: Miles College Office of Human Resources P. O. Box 39800 Birmingham, AL 35208 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.miles.edu/careers