P.O. BOX 39800
BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA 35208
Office of Human Resources
POSITION: Director of Alumni Affairs/Annual Fund
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Institutional Advancement
The Office of Advancement carries out the major fundraisingefforts of the College. The Director of Alumni Affairs/Annual Fund is responsible for the planning and implementation of programming to engage alumni in the strategic efforts of the college as well as increasing annual fund support. This will also includecultivating current students to transition to active alumni through coordination with campus career services and mentoring programs. This position will also manage a portfolio of annual fund donors in support of annual and campaign fundraising goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design and implement activities to engage alumni in mentoring, volunteering, recruiting and annual giving.This includes, but is not limited to: planning and executing networking, educational and social events; maintaining regular communication, including surveys on interests and employment; keeping contact information updated.
2. Partner with the Office of Admissions to include alumni in the recruiting and admissions process. Partner with the Office of Student Affairs to plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services for students and alumni. Meet with student clubs to introduce Alumni Association and encourage participation.
3. Identify alumni for annual giving appeals.
4. Develop ideas and content for Alumni printpublications, website and social media in collaboration with the Director of College Relations. Coordinate interviews and pictures in support of Annual Fund marketing and fundraising efforts.
5. Ensure the accuracy of all alumni database records.
6. Manage a portfolio of 50-150 annual fund donors and/or prospective donors and generate 50% of the yearly fundraising revenue (including annual fund and campaign goals). This includes: maintaining communication with donors (at least 2 personal contacts per year), adding new high quality donors annually, coordinating donor visits to campus and opportunities to meet with students.
7. Represent Miles College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, donors, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers.
8. Use operating practices of the department and Miles College including the use of confidential information with tact, discretion and in compliance with all regulations.
9. Facilitate activities for the Pre-Alumni Council.
10. Supervise work-study employees and provide guidance to alumni volunteers.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
-Bachelor’s degree required.
-A minimum of three years of experience in a higher education environment, preferably with alumni relations, and demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and volunteer leadership.
-Knowledge and experience in fundraising and development functions.
Alumnus/a of Miles College preferred.
-Ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities.
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking.
-Multi-media, technology and social media experience
-Ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment.
-Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments that requires assistance from a variety of staff and volunteers.
-Able to maintain confidential information.
-Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, manage several projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and achieve fundraising goals.
-Familiar with MS Office (preferably 2007 or newer).
-Ability to work well with diverse groups including internal and external audiences; Sensitivity to working in a multicultural setting is imperative.
-Some evening or weekend work and travel may be required.
-Familiarity with Donor Perfect desired, but not required
-Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
Please mail cover letter and resume to:
Miles College Office of Human Resources
P. O. Box 39800
Birmingham, AL 35208
5500 Myron Massey Boulevard · Fairfield, AL 35064 · (205)929-1659 · fax (205)929-1619 · www.miles.edu