Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
Assistant Strength and Conditional Coach
Job Summary: Under general direction, implements, conducts, and monitors strength and conditioning; assists with rehabilitation of injured athletes; assists in management of strength and conditioning facility.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Designs, implements, conduct, and monitor strength and conditioning programs for multiple sport programs
- Coordinates student-athlete rehabilitation with sports medicine; assists with rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Supports education for student-athletes about nutrition and supplementation
- Assists with coordinating, maintenance, and staffing of weight room/strength facilities; assists in identifying and purchasing needed strength and conditioning equipment; assists in scheduling weight room training for the various athletic programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Knowledge of medical terminology
Knowledge of strength and conditioning equipment
Interpersonal/human relations skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor's degree required, masters preferred; supplemented with two (2) years of related experience. National Strength and Conditional Association and Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association certification preferred.
Work Hours: Classes are offered every day at various times.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Miles College Human Resources
P.O. Box 39800
Birmingham, Alabama 35208
Begin Date: July 1, 2018. Resumes review begins: June 18, 2018