DIVISION OF EDUCATION
Job Title Adjunct Technology Instructor
Reports to Division Chair/ Academic Dean
Terms of Employment Fall , Spring, Summer Semesters
Alabama Teacher Licensure
Doctorate in Computer Education preferred
Master’s Degree in Education- related field accepted
Minimum of 3 years successful experience in the field
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach ED 300 Technology for Teachers (Fall, Spring, Summer Semesters)
- This course is designed to introduce students to knowledge and skills associated with integrating technology into teaching and learning. Students will be exposed to K-12 web-based applications and multimedia presentations related to various content areas. Students will be expected to create K-12 classroom resources including web pages and video. Students will also begin building an electronic portfolio (e-portfolio/Seniors) to document their instructional competencies throughout the teacher education program.
- Collaborates with data manager and faculty to develop curriculum materials and specific lesson plans that integrate technology.
- Facilitates the Division of Education participation in technology programs and activities.
- Prepare and submits accurate reports in a timely manner
- Carries out non-instructional duties as assigned and /or as needed
- Works with the Data Manager in the selection of resources that are compatible with the Division of Education technology infrastructure.
- Implements best practices related to technology use in the Division based on research, pilot programs, and state / national standards.
Mail to: Miles College, Human Resources, P. O. Box 39800, Birmingham, Alabama 35208 Or apply online at www.miles.edu