Position Title/Department: Fitness and Wellness Coordinator -French Center
Reports to: Director of Building Operations
Institution: Miles College (George T. French, Jr. Center)
- - Provide individual support of counseling in general wellness or nutrition for students and staff.
- - Track attendance, students participation or performance data related to wellness events.
- - Prepare or implement budgets and strategic, operational, purchasing, or maintenance plan.
- - Maintain or arrange for maintenance of fitness equipment or facilities.
- - Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle for students and staff participation in fitness and wellness programs.
- - Conduct surveys to determine interest in, satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events or service.
- - Teach fitness classes to improve strength, flexibility cardiovascular conditioning or general fitness of participants.
- - Select or supervise contractors, such as event hosts or health, fitness and wellness practitioners.
- - Recommend or approve new program or service offerings to promote wellness and fitness, produce revenues of minimize costs.
- - Organize and oversee health screening such as flu, mammography, blood pressure and cholesterol screening.
- - Organize and oversee fitness or wellness events or programs, such as information presentation, blood drives, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or first aid training or organized runs or walks.
- - Operate, and instruct others in proper operation of fitness equipment, such as weight machines, exercise bicycles, benches, hand weight, and fitness assessment devices.
- - Manage or oversee fitness or recreation facilities ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
- - Maintain wellness and fitness related schedules record, or reports.
- - Develop fitness or wellness classes such as yoga aerobics weightlifting ensuring a diversity of class offerings to staff and students.
- - Develop or coordinate fitness and wellness programs or service.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Health Fitness
License and Certification: Recommended but not required
- - Integrity
- - Cooperation
- - Concern for other
- - Initiative
- - Leadership
- - E-mail Software
- - Micro fit Health Wizard
- - Microsoft Excel
To apply, please mail resume to:
Miles College Human Resources
P.O. Box 39800
Birmingham, Alabama 35208 or apply online at www.miles.edu/careers