Office of Human Resources
Vice President of Enrollment Management
The position reports directly to the President of Miles College but works collaboratively with other administrative level personnel to make decisions affecting the future of the College is expected.
Miles College is known for its liberal arts college offerings and diverse undergraduate experience that weaves a traditional liberal arts curriculum into specialized fields of study. The campus is located is in Fairfield, Alabama (a suburb of Birmingham, Alabama). For more information about the College, see our home page at www.miles.edu.
This is a high level administrative position that is responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for the development, administration and management of all functions and matters relating to a comprehensive and sustainable enrollment management. This position also provides vision and oversight for admissions, recruitment and retention. Excellent communication and relationship-building abilities are necessary, as is experience in a post-secondary academic environment. Experience with traditional and nontraditional undergraduate, weekend and an on-line population is very important.
At least five years of experience in the higher education enrollment management area at a director level or above; a doctorate degree in student affairs, higher education administration or a closely related field is preferred; salary commensurate with qualifications.
- Demonstrated successful experience in developing, evaluating and improving recruitment, enrollment, communication and marketing plans and strategies from a data-driven perspective, including the use of social media and information technology; and ability to lead a performance-driven enrollment management team;
- Proven record of increasing student recruitment and retention rates at an institution of comparable size and diversity.
- Provide oversight and direction for the offices of admission and retention.
- Manage and measure work to identify clear objectives, key metrics and progress reports.
- Work closely with the President, Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Athletic Department and Faculty and staff to implement a successful long-term retention plan.
- Report on admission strategies and results and enrollment trends.
- Chair the Enrollment Management Task Force Team and participate in other committees as assigned.
- Obtain optimum enrollment levels for the College which includes quality and diversity.
- Serve as an advocate for higher education in the community, state, region and nation.
- Ability to analyze global market trends as well as current and anticipated demands.
- Knowledge of best practices in the efficient use of resources is expected.
The application process will continue until consideration for the position is fulfilled. Please forward letter of application, resume and the names and contact information for three references to our Human Resources Department. Copies of reference letters and official transcripts will be requested later in the process. You can also apply online at www.miles.edu-under careers.
Office of Human Resources
P. O. Box 39800
Birmingham, Alabama 35208.