Organizational Relationship: President
Title: Director of Internal Auditing (Coordinator of Internal Controls/Operations)
Plans and conducts operational, financial and compliance audits, to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls; Determine compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations. Make written recommendations to management to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed. Perform special investigations as requested by the President and/or Senior Management. This position works with all levels of management and employees within the College, and external auditors. Consults with management at all levels to promote good business practices.
- Plan the audit assignment prior to commencing field work.
- Attend and participate in the audit opening conference.
- Perform field work and prepare work papers.
- Interview individuals to gain an understanding of the area being audited.
- Inspect original documents to gather corroborating evidence.
- Review accounting and operations procedures to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Review the system of Internal Control to ensure that it is operating effectively and efficiently.
- Researches, identifies and communicates audit issues
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a manager.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial or operating auditing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of modern internal audit philosophy and practices
- Knowledge of auditing procedures.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and accounting software.
- Skill in interpreting and applying regulations, conducting interviews, gathering facts and preparing precise reports.
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Excellent project management skills