F.A.Q.'s about the Presidential Leadership Transition
Chair of the Board of Trustees
Frequently Asked Questions about Miles College’s Presidential Leadership Transition
1. Who is the current President of Miles College?
Dr. George T. French, Jr. continues as President of Miles College until August 31, 2019.
2. Is Miles College still accredited?
Yes, Miles College is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - Commission on College (COC). Our accreditation is not affected by Dr. French’s departure. Out next accreditation review is 2023.
3. Who will be selecting the next President of Miles College?
The Board of Trustees hire the President of the College?
4. When will the next President be hired?
The Board will launch a national search for a President through a professional executive search firm. We plan to hire a new president during the 2019-2020 academic year.
5. Who will serve as President after August 31st until a new President is hired?
The Board of Trustees will name an Interim President prior to Dr. French’s departure.
6. How does someone apply for the job as President?
Once a search committee is named and the search firm is under contract, we will publicize the position description, criteria, process and deadline for applying.
7. How can faculty, staff, students and alumni give input into the search process?
The Search Committee will include representatives from those groups. In addition, during the search process, the Board of Trustees will design a mechanism to solicit input and participation in the search process from these and other stakeholders.
This information will be updated by the Board of Trustees
as additional details become available.
from Dr. Teresa Jefferson-Snorton, Chair of the Board of Trustees, June 20, 2019